Drapery Alterations & COM Services in Austin
Did you know you can re-size, re-purpose, hem or let out the curtains you have?! The Great Curtain Company is proud to offer a variety of services beyond the use of our fabrics!This includes Alterations of existing drapery and ready made curtains, along with COM (Customers own materials) to create the designs of your dreams with our custom labor workroom! TheGreat Curtain Company is also the ONLY Custom window treatment store in Austin to accept COM!
Curtain Alteration & Hemming
Stop searching for a “neighborhood seamstress” when we have the perfect local workroom here in South Austin that can literally make magic happen with existing drapery, top treatments, and other fabric-related products! Our alteration services include, but are not limited to:
- Custom Curtain / Existing drapery alterations. This includes both lengthening & shortening.
- Pinch pleating or removing Pleats from existing drapery
- Alterations on Ready Made Panels from other companies (Ie. Amazon, Pottery Barn, RH)
- Applications of tape trims or bandings for aftermarket design embellishments
- Re-purpose original drapery to fit a new home / new space
- Application of specialty blackout liners to existing panels
- Cutting down & re-sizing & re-shaping of cornice boards & top treatments
- Alterations on ready-made bed sets & bedskirts
- Re-pinning & pressing of Ready Made Panels
- Restringing of Roman Shades or Roman Shade Repairs
Perhaps you have a unique set of curtains that would be better left on the wall but still need hemming.. We can help with that too! Our seamstresses offer mobile, in-home hemming appointments to take care of those specialty windows!
COM – Customers Own Material
Customers Own Material as it’s known as in our industry, is such an important niche to fill. And we are happy to answer the call! With our industry leading workrooms, we will take the same level of care, consideration, and standards that we use for our own drapery construction, and apply that to YOUR fabrics. Roman Shades, cornices, drapery, bedding, you name it… the sky’s the limit on what we can make! We take the stress out of the construction and labor for you, which makes it just that much easier for you to sit back, relax and see your fabrics transform before your eyes!!
Ready to see your next project come to life? Pull those extra fabric bolts out from the closet and Simply fill out the contact form below and our curtain experts will get right back with you!
See something you like? Have a question on styling options?
Let our design team assist you in choosing the perfect fit for your home.