Drapery Fabrics by The Great Curtain Company in Austin, TX
Beautiful, Quality Fabrics from The Great Curtain Company
Here at The Great Curtain Company in Austin, TX, we only use the finest fabrics for our drapery treatments. We carry everything from luxurious linens to casual cotton and elegant taffetas and silks. We make it simple for you by having our drapery experts aid you in selecting the perfect match for your home. No more looking through endless swatch books and fabric bolts alone. Simply bring us your paint swatches, pillows, rugs, or cushions, and in no time, you will discover amazing patterns and colors that coordinate flawlessly without the headache. No matter what style you’re looking for, we can help. We always use “First Run” materials, meaning they are of the highest possible grade fabrics. No second runs or flawed bolts are ever used. Get in touch with us to find out how we can help you get the best drapery fabrics for your home.
Multiple Types of Quality Fabrics to Choose From
Whether you know exactly what you want or need some help picking it out, our team of expert designers is here for you. Draperies are available in many types of fabrics, as well as colors, patterns, and styles. Learn more about some of the types of drapery fabrics you can select from:
- Cotton – A classic choice for draperies, cotton is versatile and can achieve a range of styles. Cotton provides a crisp, clean feel to suit both modern and traditional styles. Cotton curtains should be appropriately lined because the fabric is so light. Cotton curtains with a tight weave or that are well lined are more effective at blocking sunlight in a bright room.
- Silk – Nothing says luxury like silk. Silk draperies are aesthetically pleasing, but you should consider their functionality. Silk is relatively heavy, so it drapes well and looks romantic in bedrooms and formal dining rooms. Silk is susceptible to sun damage and is dry clean only. When using silk in a room with lots of natural light, you should protect it with a roller blind underneath or a lighter colored panel for the lining.
- Linen – This natural fiber creates an airy, casual, and relaxed look. Linen is a great fabric if you like curtains that pool on the floor. Linen is dry clean only and isn’t very effective at blocking sunlight.
- Polyester – A common choice for draperies, polyester is affordable, durable, and easy to care for. It doesn’t stretch, shrink, or wrinkle easily and is perfect for bedrooms and living areas. Polyester should be avoided in the kitchen because it absorbs odors and is flammable.
- Velvet – Add glamour and richness to a room with velvet drapes. This thick and heavy fabric can block out light, sound, and cold air. Velvet drapes well to give any room a regal look and can be made of natural or synthetic fibers.
- Acrylic – This lightweight fabric has a similar texture to wool. Acrylic drapes beautifully and can provide insulation as well. Acrylic is hypoallergenic and resistant to mold and mildew.
- Rayon – This soft, strong, and breathable fabric can be woven with natural fibers to obtain a variety of textures.
- Lace – If you’re looking for a traditional and romantic option, lace curtains may be just what you need. Lace can provide privacy while diffusing natural light. It’s available in neutral shades to complement any color scheme in your home.
- Voile – This crisp, open weave fabric gathers and drapes well to create a light and airy ambiance while offering a high level of privacy.
Choose The Great Curtain Company for Your Draperies
Our custom curtain company offers gorgeous and modern fabrics for all your drapery needs in Austin, TX. No matter what type of window treatments you have in mind, you can trust our design experts to help you find the perfect fit. We specialize in curtains, drapes, valances, bedding sets, and more. Our mother and daughter team has helped many local homeowners by crafting custom drapes and curtains since 2006. We can assist you with all aspects, from fabric selection to decorative touches and choosing your ideal style for curtains or drapes. Our website has ideas by fabric type, including sheer, silk, velvet, and linen. We’re happy to offer you a free consultation so you can achieve the look you desire. Contact us today to get started.
Ready to get begin?
Let our design team assist you in choosing the perfect fit for your home.